These are just a beginning of what you can do now to serve the Lord right where you are! As you keep seeking Him and allow Him to use you, He will show you more and more opportunities to serve Him in every situation of life!
- Serve your family (helping with cooking, caring for siblings, dishes, cleaning, laundry)
- Teach your siblings Bible verses, do a Bible study with them, pray together
- Serve as a family – Seek to have a family ministry (show hospitality, volunteer, share Christ)
- Write notes, send e-mails, or make calls of encouragement in the Lord to others (friends, younger girls or children, pastor, missionaries, parents)
- Pray for family, people’s salvation, missionaries, friends, etc.
- Pass out Gospel tracts
- Write a tract, record your testimony
- Share the Gospel – Mark 16:15
- Be involved in ministry at church, when you are able. Help with Sunday School, AWANA, in the kitchen, in the nursery, etc.
- Earn and find ways to save money so that you can support missions or sponsor a needy child.
- Mentor those younger than you (children, girls)
- Start a discipleship group for girls
- Host a Bible study with your friends and those in your life you want to reach for Christ
- Write an article, magazine, or book that will encourage other girls in their walk with God
- Verbally encourage someone for their character, Christ-likeness, etc.
- Sing hymns or play an instrument at a nursing home – James 1:27
- Help a widow – (grocery shop, fix things around the house, work in her yard)
- Make a meal for a mom who just had a baby
- Share what the Lord has been teaching you, tell what He did in answer to prayer, etc.
- Seek to be of help when you are at other people’s homes or at events
- Do all that you do for the Lord and His glory – 1 Cor. 10:31
There is so much that you can do right where you are! You don’t have to wait to be a missionary in another country. It starts right where the Lord has placed you! Don’t underestimate what God can and will do through you, if you are willing!
“Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.” 1 Timothy 4:12 (ESV)
Copyright © 2014 Loving the Lord Ministries, Inc.
Please feel free to share this article with friends! We just ask that you include a link to www.lovingthelordministries.